Forenübersicht RSS

Aktionen und Kontakte:
Just arrived to Zürich :)

Anzahl Beiträge in diesem Thread: 3

Hinweis: Momentan können keine Beiträge erstellt werden.

Just arrived to Zürich :)

Autor: JennyNZ | Datum:
Grüezi!! :) Hello, sorry for not being in German yet, I have to start a class! I am a New Zealander who just moved to Zürich, I'm a vegan (of course!) and I want to get involved! My lack of German isn't helping though, can anyone suggest certain organisations or activities where they won't mind that my German is very limited?? Hopefully I will learn fast, but in the meantime I want to help, do protests or share yummy vegan food with people!!!
Danke! :)

some suggestions

Autor: martin | Datum:
Hello Jenny,

> can anyone suggest certain organisations or activities where
> they won't mind that my German is very limited??

Well, first I can suggest you our organisation, take a look at our agenda and consider if you can identify yourself with it (this is the only "requirement").

> I want to help, do protests or share yummy vegan food with people

We don't organize demonstrations, because experience has shown that it is ineffectively (the people are mostly not even vegan, they are protesting against e. g. animal testing and wearing thereby leather shoes or eating 'meat' at home). But of course we're accomplishing enlightenment-actions (photos).

Our recipe collection is the Tierrechtskochbuch (tier-rechts-koch-buch: animal-rights-cooking-book; see www.tierrechtskochbuch.de). We are always glad about new recipes, maybe you have some interesting one from New Zealand. You can send them in in english, it is no problem.
There is also a dictionary and a celsius-fahrenheit-scale they may help you.

Furthermore you can get active with our anti-animal-milk-campaign .
And finally we have here some informations in english:
http://antispe.de/english.html
and
http://www.maqi.de/english.html (mind the last sentence)

Re: some suggestions

Autor: dolli | Datum:
Hi!

as i have lived in Oz for more than i year i surely can translate :-).

Just mail if you´ve got an answer or need help in german.
The email adress is
backwhisperer(at)web.de (the "at" in bracelets is @)

Welcome in Europe and i hope you will feel well here!

love, dolli